Neighbors rescued two family dogs from a fire at a north Topeka home.
Firefighters were called to the home at 1201 north Central Street around 5:00pm Friday.
When they arrived they found that a fire had broken out in the kitchen.
Neighbors who had arrived ahead of emergency crews helped to get the dogs out.
The home's owners were not home.
A firefighter had to be treated for a minor burn.
Investigators say a malfunctioning oven is to blamed and caused about $30,000 in damage..
A state insurance company is showing even more generosity than last year with its United Way Campaigns across Kansas.
The Supreme Court says a lower court should not have overturned the conviction and death sentence of a man who admitted killing a Kansas sheriff.
The suspension of a 6-year-old boy for kissing a girl at school is raising questions about whether the peck should be considered sexual harassment.